At Papercup we’re on a mission to make the world’s videos watchable in any language. We’ve invented a patented AI system that generates humanlike synthetic voices across languages, allowing people to watch video content in the language of their choice. Our translated and dubbed content has allowed the likes of Insider, Discovery, Sky News, and Canva to reach over 300 million people globally in just the last year. Having completed a $20 million Series A round in 2022, we're on the hunt for top people to join our ambitious mission.
We’re backed by some of the industry’s heaviest hitters - venture funds like Octopus Ventures, world-renowned angel investors including Des Traynor (co-founder of Intercom) and John Collison (co-founder of Stripe), as well as global media groups like Sky and Guardian Media Group.
We are driven, curious and passionate - our company culture is imperative to us and we set a high bar for those who join the team. We're also fun to be around (at least that's what people tell us).
As a Senior Business Recruiter at Papercup, you will be joining a People and Talent function that genuinely cares about finding our existing team the best possible colleagues while providing a fantastic candidate experience. You'll be joining our Tech Recruiter and will be excited by the prospect of getting stuck into a growing business that needs support in scaling.
This is a full 360 role, so you'll care deeply about sourcing and hiring the best talent whilst partnering with and upskilling our hiring managers. We are looking for an individual who can bring knowledge, expertise and energy to our recruitment.
Please note, we are looking for someone who can join us in February - do make your availability clear on your application.
What you’ll do with us:
- Unlock the best talent across our non-tech functions (Sales, Marketing, People, Operations and Freelance Translators) through innovative prospecting approaches, leveraging various tools and networks to find world-class talent
- Design and iterate interview processes, enabling us to identify the best talent whilst ensuring that all candidates have a positive experience, regardless of the outcome
- Take a consultative approach to coach our teams on recruitment, working with a range of hiring managers across functions
What we are looking for from you:
- Agency backgrounds are very welcome, but some in house experience is a must
- You will have experience delivering in a 360 recruitment role with a growing company, ideally, you will have had experience in startups or scale-ups
- You are an excellent sourcer, with the know-how to engage a range of business roles
- You have strong stakeholder management skills, helping to upskill our hiring managers to enable us to hire best-in-class talent
- You are a role model of hiring best practices as we create and embed our hiring culture
How do you know if you’ll love working with us?
- We really care about our people - culture matters deeply to us and we are committed to building a company that people are proud to work for
- We're growing fast. That means you can help grow the business from the ground up and maintain a lot of ownership
Apart from all this good stuff, what else do we offer?
Please note we’re not looking for someone who ticks all the boxes, if you have some of the skills listed above and are willing to learn, you’re the person for Papercup.
Having recently raised a $20 million Series A round we are backed by leading venture capital funds and two media companies, Papercup is a machine learning startup making the world's video content watchable in any language. Using a cutting-edge AI we automatically translate and voiceover videos in multiple languages, helping enterprises, brands, and media companies reach a global audience with their existing content.