At Papercup we’re on a mission to make the world’s videos watchable in any language. We’ve invented a patented AI system that generates humanlike synthetic voices across languages, allowing people to watch video content in the language of their choice. Our translated and dubbed content has allowed the likes of Insider, Discovery, Sky News, and Canva to reach over 300 million people globally in just the last year. Having just completed a $20 million Series A round, we're on the hunt for top people to join our ambitious mission.
We’re backed by some of the industry’s heaviest hitters - venture funds like Octopus Ventures, world-renowned angel investors including Des Traynor (co-founder of Intercom) and John Collison (co-founder of Stripe), as well as global media groups like Sky and Guardian Media Group.
We are driven, curious and passionate - our company culture is imperative to us and we set a high bar for those who join theteam. We're also fun to be around (at least that's what people tell us).
As a Machine Learning Engineer at Papercup, you will be part of a great team pushing the boundaries of neural text-to-speech and speech-to-speech translation systems. You will generate and presenting ideas to improve our production systems and/or research ideas that could result in publications at ML or speech processing conferences.
You will own and push forward your projects during the whole research cycle, writing code implementation, running experiments, evaluating results, drawing conclusions. These will lead to prototypes and demos showcasing the capabilities of the proposed systems.
You will also contribute to maturing our research prototypes into fully-fledged production models as well as deploying them in our cloud infrastructure.
On the side, you will take part in our team-wide reading groups and present your work in team-wide and company-wide sessions or on our engineering blog.What we are looking for from you:
Nice to have
- Experience developing machine learning models using PyTorch or TensorFlow
- Experience contributing to research projects that have (or could have) led to publications at academic conferences
- Either professional work experience plus Masters degree in machine learning or speech processing, or;
- Equivalent experience working on ML or speech processing in industry
- Experience working with ASR and/or TTS systems
- Experience developing with NLP systems and models for new domains and tasks
- Good knowledge of audio and signal processing fundamentals
- Familiarity with at least one cloud platform (AWS preferred), kubernetes, CI-CD
We really care about our people - culture matters deeply to us and we are committed to building a company that people are proud to work for
We're growing fast. That means you can help grow the business from the ground up and maintain a lot of ownership
Apart from all this good stuff, what else do we offer?
Please note we’re not looking for someone who ticks all the boxes, if you have some of the skills listed above and are willing to learn, you’re the person for Papercup.
- Competitive salary up to £65,000 - £80,000 for a mid level experience
- Competitive salary up to £80,000 - £97,000 for senior level experience
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Flexible working options, 2-3 WFH
- Private medical cover or a monthly wellness bonus
- Options granted to everyone to benefit from the growth and success of the business
- The opportunity to learn - enroll in courses or conferences or take a reading week to improve your skills
- Food and fun: free snacks, Thursday breakfasts, monthly team socials, annual offsites, the best Slack banter you can find
Having recently raised a $20 million Series A round we are backed by leading venture capital funds and two media companies, Papercup is a machine learning startup making the world's video content watchable in any language. Using a cutting-edge AI we automatically translate and voiceover videos in multiple languages, helping enterprises, brands, and media companies reach a global audience with their existing content.